I. Qualifications required to benefit from scholarship:
The following qualifications are required for students to be granted scholarship:
- Enrollment in a domestic education institution as a full-time student is required to benefit from the scholarship.
- The quota, scope and conditions of the scholarships and the qualifications of the students will be determined by the Board of Directors.
- The scholarships will be granted to students who receive education in Turkey and are citizens of the Republic of Turkey.
- In order to benefit from the University scholarship, the student must be successful and in need of financial support.
- Being successful refers to a grade of at least 65 out of 100 or at least 2.50 GPA out of 4.00.
- The student should not receive any scholarship from any other institution (foundation, association or person etc.) (except for education credit from the Credit and Dormitories Agency).
- The scholarships are non-refundable and does not impose any compulsory service or refund obligation on the student.
- The student applying for scholarship shall submit his/her university entrance score and the grades of the courses taken in the last academic year and registration documents from the school.
II. Scholarship Application
Scholarship will be granted by Borusan Kocabıyık Foundation to students enrolled in the Faculties of Engineering, Business Administration and Economics at Istanbul University, Istanbul Technical University, Bosphorus University and Middle Eastern Technical University and in the Faculty of Law at Uludağ University and Afyon Kocatepe University. The students enrolled in these schools and having the aforementioned qualifications should apply to the scholarship office in their schools. The scholarship applications are sent to us by the Scholarship Centers of the aforementioned schools. Applications through Internet or personal applications are not accepted.
Our Foundation will perform interviews with the students chosen by these schools, upon which they will be notified about whether they received the scholarship.
III. Continuation of Scholarship
The following are required for the continuation of the scholarship in the next year:
- Passing to the next grade successfully.
- A grade of at least 65 out of 100 or at least 2.50 GPA out of 4.00.
- Sending a copy of the report cards or transcripts to the Foundation no later than September 15.
IV. Withdrawal of Scholarship
Scholarship will be withdrawn if one or more of the following conditions become valid.
- Grade or semester repeat,
- Leaving the university due to disenrollment or graduation or change of education institution without the approval of the Foundation,
- Sending a notification for waiving scholarship,
- Receiving of scholarship from sources other than Borusan Kocabıyık Foundation as monthly cash payments while receiving scholarship from the Foundation,
- Getting arrested,
- Misrepresentation, for any reason whatsoever,
- Failure to timely submit information and documents requested by the Foundation,
- Transfer to a university or department other than those for which Borusan Kocabıyık Foundation allocated scholarship.
V. Re-Granting Scholarship
- Cease of detention of the scholarship holder and granting of the right to continue school
VI. Scholarship Period
In principle, the scholarships are granted for a period of 1 (one) year and the scholarship period is 10 (ten) months for students in high schools or equivalent schools and 12 (twelve) months for university students. In the subsequent years, scholarship will be granted to students still in compliance with the conditions in Article III and having the qualifications in Article I.